Books about Kung Fu:
- The Sword Polisher's Record: The Way of Kung-Fu - by Adam Hsu - Originally a monthly column, this book is an anthology that focuses on the concepts and principles of kung fu. (Available at Plumpub.com)
- Lone Sword Against the Cold Cold Sky - by Adam Hsu - Essential reading for anyone who wants to understand the art and practice of kung fu. (Available at Plumpub.com)
Chinese Philosophy and Classics:
- The Analects - by Confucius - The first of The Four Books.
- The Great Learning - Confucius; by his disciple Zeng Zi - The second of The Four Books.
- The Doctrine of the Mean - Confucius; by his grandson Zisi - The third of The Four Books.
- Mencius - Conversations with Kings of his era by the Confucian scholar and philosopher, Mencius. Translated by James Legge. - The fourth of The Four Books. This is a separate online source from the other three books and they are also available at the same site.
- Read about The Four Books in Wikipedia.
- The Tao Te Ching - by Lao Tzu - also available here. "The Classic of the Way and the Power" is the basis for philosophical taoism. Here is the Wikipedia article.